Friday, December 10, 2010

New beginnings ...

This project has had a couple start and stops over the years ... but having just moved to a new city, presently being unemployed, and recovering from knee surgery this just might be the right combination of events to really dig in to this project. (-:

My main thrust right now is scanning old photos that documented my grandfather's artwork -- especially but not exclusively -- his portrait work. Once scanned, I am loading them onto my photography website in their own gallery, here. (That's just for you, mom! Go ahead and click on the highlighted words if you want to go to the place I am referencing. Hope that helps!)

The site, www.PBase.com, is an excellent site for images -- I use it for my own photos (I would describe my own images as those of an enthusiastic amateur).  There is not much room for anything other than notes of/for the photos, however, so I thought a blog might be a place to record and share thoughts on the project.

I expect those interested in this blog will primarily be family members, but I also believe that, artistically speaking, since it is now 50 years after my grandfather's death, he may be just now coming into his own among art appreciators.

No comments:

Post a Comment